This 36 term EDITABLE CROSSWORD
with ANSWER KEY has questions that deal with the topics learned in the lesson on organisms in ecosystems. This is a good in class or at home review that helps students consolidate what they have learned about this topic.
1) PRODUCERS: producers, autotrophs, meaning of “auto”, meaning of “troph”, formula for photosynthesis, phytoplankton
2) CONSUMERS: consumer, heterotroph, meaning of “hetero”
3) CARNIVORES: meaning of “carne”, meaning of “vorare”, difference between the digestive systems and teeth of carnivores vs. herbivores, carnivorous plants like the Venus fly trap
4) HERBIVORES: meaning of “herba”, the processing of cellulose using gut bacteria, various adaptations to avoid predation
5) OMNIVORES: meaning of “omni”, generalist feeders and their advantage, numerous examples of omnivores
6) DECOMPOSERS: detritus, function of decomposers in ecosystems to recycle nutrients
7) PREDATORS: strategies predators use to hunt prey, characteristic traits of predators
8) SCAVENGERS: carrion, good sense of smell, predators can be opportunistic scavengers
SAVE 35% WHEN YOU PURCHASE THE ORGANISMS IN ECOSYSTEMS LESSON BUNDLE.
This product is a part of a lesson bundle containing 7 resources on organisms in ecosystems. When you purchase the bundle, you are getting a comprehensive set of tools to teach and engage all types of learners. You also get a 35% discount off of all the items.
Organisms in Ecosystems - LESSON BUNDLE
35% OFF = $14.07 (A value of $21.65)
ALL THE INDIVIDUAL PRODUCTS ON THIS TOPIC AND IN THE LESSON BUNDLE:
Organisms in Ecosystems - PowerPoint
To watch this CLICK HERE.
Organisms in Ecosystems - PowerPoint Worksheet
Organisms in Ecosystems - Review Worksheet
Organisms in Ecosystems - Crossword
Organisms in Ecosystems - 60 Task Cards
Organisms in Ecosystems - Terminology Review Game
Organisms in Ecosystems - Test
MORE TO EXPLORE:
Tangstar CATALOGUE of Products
Tangstar Science Blog