This 5 page EDITABLE POWERPOINT WORKSHEET
with ANSWER KEY is meant to accompany The Organisms in Ecosystems PowerPoint. It contains prompts, questions, charts and diagrams to label as students follow along with the PowerPoint. It is invaluable in keeping students engaged, focused and taking good notes while learning from the PowerPoint.
CLICK HERE to watch The Organisms in Ecosystems PowerPoint that this PowerPoint Worksheet accompanies.
FORMAT OF THE POWERPOINT WORKSHEET:
1) Fill in the blanks that follow all they key terms in the PowerPoint – all organized under the following headings: Producers, Consumers, Carnivore, Herbivores, Omnivores, Decomposers, Predators and Scavengers.
2) A chart to fill in for the different types of consumers based on their diet: carnivores, herbivores, omnivores
3) A chart to fill in for the different types of consumers based on how they obtain their diet: predators, scavengers
4) A diagram to fill in for the nutrient cycle for detritus to decomposer to soil to nutrients to producers.
TOPICS COVERED IN THIS POWERPOINT WORKSHEET:
1) The main difference between producers and consumers
2) PRODUCERS: producers, autotrophs, meaning of “auto”, meaning of “troph”, formula for photosynthesis, producers in terrestrial, fresh water and marine ecosystems
3) CONSUMERS: consumer, heterotroph, meaning of “hetero”, main groups of consumers
4) Chart of types of consumers based on how their diet: carnivore, herbivore, omnivore, decomposer
5) CARNIVORES: meaning of “carne”, meaning of “vorare”, difference between the digestive systems and teeth of carnivores vs. herbivores, carnivorous plants like the Venus fly trap
6) HERBIVORES: meaning of “herba”, the processing of cellulose using gut bacteria, various adaptations to avoid predation
7) OMNIVORES: meaning of “omni”, generalist feeders and their advantage, numerous examples of omnivores
8) DECOMPOSERS: detritus, function of decomposers in ecosystems to recycle nutrients
9) Chart of types of consumers based on how they obtain their diet: predator vs. scavenger
10) PREDATOR: strategies predators use to hunt prey, characteristic traits of predators
11) SCAVENGER: carrion, good sense of smell, predators can be opportunistic scavengers
SAVE 35% WHEN YOU PURCHASE THE ORGANISMS IN ECOSYSTEMS LESSON BUNDLE.
This product is a part of a lesson bundle containing 7 resources on organisms in ecosystems. When you purchase the bundle, you are getting a comprehensive set of tools to teach and engage all types of learners. You also get a 35% discount off of all the items.
Organisms in Ecosystems - LESSON BUNDLE
35% OFF = $14.07 (A value of $21.65)
ALL THE INDIVIDUAL PRODUCTS ON THIS TOPIC AND IN THE LESSON BUNDLE:
Organisms in Ecosystems - PowerPoint
To watch this CLICK HERE.
Organisms in Ecosystems - PowerPoint Worksheet
Organisms in Ecosystems - Review Worksheet
Organisms in Ecosystems - Crossword
Organisms in Ecosystems - 60 Task Cards
Organisms in Ecosystems - Terminology Review Game
Organisms in Ecosystems - Test
MORE TO EXPLORE:
Tangstar CATALOGUE of Products
Tangstar Science Blog