If you're looking to organize your classroom library by genre, look no further! This set includes everything you will need (and more). This Classroom Library organizational system is perfect for 2nd or 3rd grade teachers setting up a classroom library for the first time, or looking to reorganize their library books by genre rather than level. Use the print & go genre labels, and NEW editable resources to get your library management system up and running fast!
This product truly includes everything you might need to get your classroom library organized: print & go book bin labels in 2 sizes, editable book bin labels in 3 sizes, editable genre labels for individual books, personalized labels to keep tabs of your own books, plus resources to introduce your classroom library to students on those first days of school and keep in their reader's notebooks all year long!
*This pack has received a HUGE update for Back to School 2018 including editable book bin and small genre labels, a super cute personalized label page, editable slides on the introductory PowerPoint, and updated print and go PDF book bin labels. If you purchased before 7.20.18, please redownload to get the newest updates!*
In the Classroom Library Organization by Genre pack you will find a Zip file with:
1. A PowerPoint show you can use during the first weeks of school to introduce students to the organization of your genre-based classroom library. Editable slides are included so you can add any genres you might need.
Download the FREE copy of the PowerPoint here
2. A PDF with large printable labels you can use for book tubs (4 & 9 per page versions) of all genres shown in the PowerPoint + bin labels for student work, book hospital, reshelf, magazines and picture books
Printable labels included are:
Traditional Literature (myths, legends, tall tales, folk tales, fairy tales)
3. An editable PowerPoint with three sizes of labels (1, 4, and 9 per page). Use these to create additional book bin labels for more genres/topics of your choice.
4. Small genre labels (80 per page) to label every book in your library with an appropriate genre. Every label sheet has the same genre, picture, and font as the bin labels (labels for every genre are included except picture books, magazines, and student work – since these can be labeled by genre)
5. An editable label page in Word you can use to customize any additional small genre labels you might need
6. A genre match activity to use after the introductory PowerPoint
7. A handout (answer key) for students to keep with their reader's workshop items for reference
8. One page of 80 personalized "From the library of Your Name Here" labels, you can use to label your personally purchased books in style. After purchase, you will be given a link to a form to submit your personalization information. After the personalization information is submitted, please allow 24-48 hours to receive your personalized labels in the form of a single PDF document to your email inbox.
You can read more about organizing your classroom library by genre including pictures, links, and tips at my blog post: How to Organize Your Classroom Library by Genre HERE.
Happy library organizing and have a fab day Super Teacher,
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your “My Purchases” page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a blinking “Provide Feedback”
option. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating
and leave a short comment for the product. I love reading your comments
and value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you!
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Look for the star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower
. You will then receive customized email updates when I upload new products to my store. I typically give a 20% discount on all new products
for the first 48 hours, so please follow and get in on the discounted fun! Nothing’s better than saving some moolah!