Origami Tiger - Simple STEAM Activity -Wild Animals/ Year of the Tiger/ Rousseau
Also included in
- A collection of our most popular Chinese New Year Crafts with Bull/ Ox Crafts for "Year of the Ox" celebrations. This includes our super popular Paper Dragon Puppets that have delighted children on Lunar New Year for years.. as well as some fabulous and easy Tiger Crafts specifically for The Year ofPrice $9.00Original Price $12.50Save $3.50
Learn how to make a simple origami tiger face – a fun introduction to origami for children and beginners. This paper tiger can form part of wild animals study unit, part of a Rousseau’s tiger collage project or for Year of the Tiger activities.
The aim is to introducing basic origami skills. Encouraging the development of spatial awareness and fine motor skills, whilst encouraging reading and following instructions. If orange paper is not to hand – make these tigers as a “white tiger” craft using ordinary printer paper! A great origami project all year round that can be adapted for other seasons and occasions.
* Lesson plan overview
* 2 page worksheet for easy printing & use
* Happy Chinese New Year printable to add to greeting cards
Note: the 6x6 inch paper recommendation + Happy New Year printable included, will make a large A5 sized greeting card.
· add the tiger to a greeting card & write Happy New Year 新年快乐 (xīn nián kuài lè) for Chinese New Year
· make a different sizes and create a tiger family as a play set
· add to jungle collages/ Rousseau tiger lessons plans
· Develop fine motor skills & accuracy
· Reading skills & following instructions
· Looking at symmetry & shapes
· White or orange paper 6 x 6 inches
· Black pen
· Optional: card stock or collage paper to make greeting cards
Optional: glue stick