Also included in
- Have fun with these wonderful Valentines Paper Folding Projects - learn how to make 3 Valentine's Origami Cards, as well as 2 Valentine's Bookmarks the children can give as gifts. Simple STEAM projects working on symmetry and paper folding skills. The Origami Projects are designed to be combined wit$7.50$10.00Save $2.50
- Valentine's Day Cards or Mother's Day Cards. These cards are all about LOVE and HEARTS, so are suitable for a variety of occasions!This is a BUNDLE of the individually priced DIY Greeting Cards listed in this store! You will find 3 Pop Up card techniques and one wonderful Origami Card Making Project$8.00$11.00Save $3.00
Learn how to make an Origami Whale – a fun introduction to Origami for children and beginners. This Paper Whale can form part of an Oceans Study unit or can be adapted and added to Valentine’s Day Cards and Mother’s Day Cards (“Mum, I Whaley Love You”).
The aim is to introducing basic origami skills. Encouraging the development of spatial awareness and fine motor skills, whilst encouraging reading and following instructions. Also looking at symmtery and shapes.
Make these whales in any color that you wish, though purples, blues and greens work really well. Or change the colors for Valentine’s or Mother’s Day.
A great origami project all year round that can be adapted for other seasons and occasions.
* Lesson plan overview
* 1 page worksheet for easy printing & use
· turn your whale into a Mother’s Day Card or Valentine’s Day card by sticking to some card stock and adding speech bubbles: “Mum, I Whaley Love You”, or “I Whaley Whaley Whaley Like You”
· make a different sizes and create a whale family as a play set
· add to under the sea collages
· add some string and make a whale mobile
· Develop fine motor skills & accuracy
· Reading skills & following instructions
· Looking at symmetry & shapes
· Seasonal activity
· Paper in the desired colors 6 x 6 inches
· Card Stock or collage paper (11 x 8 inch cards folded in half) - if using as part of a collage or Valentine's Day Card/ Mother's Day Card
· Paper scraps for decorating
· Glue stick