Take your students on a fun and exciting journey of developing their own original character through this 2 week active unit! Students will build their own original character from scratch through a variety of activities slowly developing the physical attributes of their character along with a rich character history. In the end, students will take their original character through a “hot seat” interview performance, bringing their character to life! After learning how to build an original character, students will have the tools to be able to flesh out already existing characters in a script. Therefore, the activities in this unit have many more uses further down the road.
This is a unit I used in my beginning drama classes towards the beginning of the year as I introduced the basics of building a character. However, more advanced students will love this unit as well! My students always looked back fondly on this unit as a fun and exciting chance to be creative.
In the two week unit, you will guide your students through fun and engaging activities geared towards character development. This unit is filled with activities to engage everyone in the classroom and further their skills as performers. In addition to this, the unit offers multiple points of reflection on their own work and the work of others. Hopefully you will find this unit keeps students accountable while still allowing them to have fun and be creative!
I originate all of my documents in Google Tools and provide links to copies of the Google Docs/Slide Presentations. I also offer these documents in .pdf and Microsoft Word form. However, the documents are best viewed through Google Tools.
In this bundle you will find:
* A day to day calendar mapping out the activities for the day (3 pages .pdf)
* An introductory presentation for the unit in Google Slides/PowerPoint with coordinating activity materials and worksheet (10 slides, 2 pages, 38 pictures for activity)
* A detailed and thorough guide to all classroom activities including suggestions for classroom management and print-and-go prompts for each of the activities requiring them. (19 pages .pdf)
* An Actor’s Notebook worksheet for reflection (2 pages)
* Hot Seat Question Worksheet and coordinating Presentation to introduce the final performance (8 slides, 1 page)
* A grading rubric for the final performances (1 page)
* Character Building Worksheet with optional multimedia element (3 pages)
* A Peer Preview worksheet for students to give and take notes (2 pages)
* A Social Media Worksheet for character development (5 slides for multiple options)
Please note that I also offer this as a separate item in my store. You will find it HERE
In total, this unit will bring you over 35 PAGES of content, 18 SLIDES of presentational material, 10 DRAMA GAMES with multiple coordinating materials, and more fun in your drama classroom!
For you, the busy drama teacher, all you have to do is print and teach! Everything is now prepped for you! Have fun and enjoy storytelling through this unit. Break a leg!