Part of the Evolution unit. Students are introduced to the concepts of biogenesis, endosymbiosis, and possible origins of life on the planet.
The presentation is divided into three sections:
1. Biogenesis vs. Spontaneous generation- students will learn about how previous theories of origins of life were not based on hard science and ways to disprove them.
2. Origins of Life- students will be exposed to 3 possible origins. Special attention is paid to the Miller-Urey experiment.
3. Life on Earth- Chronological review of when certain forms of life appeared on the planet.
The presentation includes:
- Time for predicted outcomes
- Time for collaborative review
- Online simulation
- Wrap up slide