PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
START THESE ORTON-GILLINGHAM LESSONS AFTER STUDENTS HAVE COMPLETED LESSONS 1-10 AND HAVE MASTERED ALL LETTER NAMES, SOUNDS, AND CAN DECODE/ENCODE BASIC CVCs!
EVERY LESSON HAS TWO PARTS!
Ideally, one 30 minute session for decoding and one 30 minute session for encoding.
EVERY LESSON IS 5 PAGES!!
Two teacher lesson plan pages: Decoding / Encoding
Three student workbook pages: Decoding / Encoding / Dictation
11. -ed says /d/
12. -ed says /t/
13. oy oi and cvc/cvc “RABBIT” syllables
14. ar = /ar/ like a pirate and magic e syllable
15. -se at the end of a word is /z/
16. ee /long e/ and cvc/cvce “REPTILE” syllables
17. or = /or/ and c/cy “PENNY” syllables
18. ai ay and cv open syllable
19. er = /er/ and v/cv “TULIP” syllables
20. -igh -ight and open syllable combinations v/cvce v/cy v/cvc