Up, up, and away! In this Level T reader, students will learn facts about Orville and Wilbur Wright, who were early pioneers of flight, and their invention of a flying machine. Great book to combine social studies and language arts as your students learn about airplanes, ingenuity, and perseverance!
The book comes with 5 companion worksheets which reinforce literacy skills involving reading, language, spelling, and writing. Specific concepts, skills, and vocabulary targeted in this 5th grade Level T reader are listed on the first page of the story.
This story is one of the books in the collection of Level T - Set 2 readers. The ten books in that collection are:
- Alternative Energy Sources – Wind, Solar, Geothermal, and Hydroelectric Power;
- John Deere – An Improved Plow;
- Founding of St. Augustine, 1565;
- Orville and Wilbur Wright – Free Spirits;
- Fun with Words – Simile, Metaphor, and Onomatopoeia;
- The Greatness of the Plains;
- Causes and Effects of the French and Indian War;
- Sedimentary Rock, Fossils, and Fossil Fuels;
- The Manifest Destiny;
- Metric Conversions.
The leveled books are written to incorporate the Fountas and Pinnell leveled vocabulary, Rebecca Sitton spelling words, and common core curriculum standards in the United States.
Check out my other single books as well as collections of books for grades K - 6.