Also included in
- This complete teaching unit on "Cell Structure and Function" includes everything you need to teach this unit to your life science or biology students. Resources are available in BOTH printable and digital formats. Resources include a 111-Slide Powerpoint presentation packed with colorful and inter$49.99$71.45Save $21.46
- Five of my best-selling complete teaching bundles are included in this one Super-Mega-Bundle! This bundle includes all of the PowerPoints, notes, labs, task cards, homework assignments, review games, quizzes, activities, and unit tests that you need to teach complete and comprehensive units on cell$195.00$261.84Save $66.84
- Everything you need for an entire year of Biology! This curriculum bundle includes the PowerPoint presentations, notes, labs, homework assignments, task cards, daily quizzes, activities, worksheets, and unit tests for the 20 units listed below. This curriculum is so complete and detailed that it$535.00$962.16Save $427.16
No unit on cell structure and function is complete without comprehensive lessons on cellular transport. Students need a solid understanding of osmosis, diffusion, concentration gradients, solute concentrations, hypertonic and hypotonic solutions, active and passive transport, etc. This classic lab explores how the solute concentration gradient affects the rate of diffusion and osmosis. Students will quantitatively determine the rate of diffusion, graph the data, and use the graph to predict the answers to new questions.
This biology lab is perfect for biology or life science students in grades 8-12
PURPOSE: This experiment will explore the concentration gradient by measuring the rate of diffusion in a number of theoretical cells.
The objectives for this lab are:
- To define concentration gradient
- To explain experimental data concerning different concentration gradients
- To complete a data table and prepare a graph to illustrate the data
- To apply information from this experiment to other related problems.
MATERIALS: 6 pieces of dialysis tubing, sucrose solutions of varying concentrations, String, Balance, 6 beakers or plastic cups, Stopwatch
Related resources include:
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well: