Students will learn about the processes of diffusion and osmosis and their roles within a cell.
- define and demonstrate the meaning of high and low concentration of substances
- define and demonstrate the meaning of diffusion
- conduct an experiment to determine the rate of diffusion in cold and hot water
- determine the meaning of a permeable membrane through experimentation
- define the meaning of tonicity, osmosis, hypotonic, hypertonic, and isotonic
- conduct an experiment to investigate osmosis and reverse osmosis processes
- make conclusions and connections about the effects of osmosis on a living cell
Suggestions for differentiation are also included so that all students can be successful in the learning environment.