A complete unit for teaching Shakespeare's Othello, including the following:
• an introduction PowerPoint with graphic organizer for notetaking,
• warm ups (bell ringers) that follow the students' progress in the play,
• vocabulary lessons and quizzes for each act,
• scene-by-scene reading response prompts in an editable calendar,
• in-class activities that involve analysis and performance, and
• an end-of-unit group performance project.
As a bonus, I've included notetaking sheets for some lesser known but school-appropriate film adaptations (versions that move the story to a different time and place), so you can take a break and catch up on grading while the students are still thinking and learning.