This is a sample of a maths project that has been integrated with students' previous (or upcoming) experiences with camp.
This sample provides the first three open-ended questions to the project, as well as the final guided reflection. The first three questions are based on:
- students' problem solving and mathematical thinking
- calculating possible cost per student
- using cost per student, calculate the total cost of camp
If you think it is a worthwhile resource, please check out the full project!
The full project includes questions and activities focused on:
- developing timetables for activity groups (using 24 hour time)
- creating cabin diagrams (with equal groups)
- planning recipes (with fractions and ratios provided for chefs)
- converting time using playlists
- plus more!