LEVEL: Intermediate to Upper-Intermediate
TIMING: 45 – 60 minutes of instruction
LANGUAGE FOCUS: used to | get used to | be used to
OVERVIEW: This lesson gives students detailed practice in order to improve reading skills. Designed under the topic of city life, students learn and practice writing new vocabulary words, thinking critically about annoyances in cities by brainstorming pre-reading questions; discussing different city specifics; reading for main ideas and finer details; and working collaboratively to problem two different situations.
OBJECTIVES: Your students will be able to…
• …read for and locate the main idea of 4 different sections.
• …read for key details and answer questions based on content.
• …learn & practice writing vocabulary in sentences.
• …synthesize knowledge by discussing and solving problems related to city lifestyles.
• vocabulary matching
• vocabulary fill-in-the-blank
• classifying annoyances pre-reading task
• main idea paragraph matching
• reading comprehension questions
• problem-solving productive task
THE PACKAGE: 8 pages total
• 1 cover page
• 3 student book pages
• 4 teacher book pages
THE LICENSE: This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher or classroom, or for an entire department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view, uploaded to school or district websites, distributed via email, or submitted to file sharing sites such as Amazon Inspire. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for single classroom and personal use only.
For Extended licenses please email ESL Lifeline at firstname.lastname@example.org.