Teach your students important behavioral skills by showing them how to act like a bunch of wild animals! "Our Class Is a Bunch of Wild Animals!" is a unique and effective way to teach positive behaviors in the classroom in a way that children find exciting and easy to understand.
"Our Class is a Bunch of Wild Animals!" is a two-in-one tool that serves as a lively read-aloud for teachers and a coloring book for students. This twelve-page book introduces young students to important skills by comparing the behavior of wild animals to desirable classroom behavior. Children are thrilled to find out they can act like wild animals in the classroom by "listening like deer", "working together like bees", "watching like hawks", and more. Written and illustrated by a teacher of Kindergarten and first grade, this book also makes important distinctions between animal behaviors appropriate for inside the classroom and out on the playground. An included teacher's manual helps you guide students to take ownership and pride in their positive behavioral skills by teaching the "how" the "when" and the "why" of their positive actions.
"Our Class Is a Bunch of Wild Animals!" uses animal behaviors to help children feel excited about demonstrating several key behavioral skills: listening to a speaker, walking quietly in a line, focusing on work, cooperating with peers, being quiet, raising hands, cleaning up, and being patient.
"Our Class Is a Bunch of Wild Animals!" is a kid- and teacher-friendly tool for establishing positive behaviors that help build a classroom community that is ready for learning.
Inside this kit, you will find:
1. Optional color cover
2. Black and white cover with space for student's name
2. Fully-illustrated black and white coloring book with grade-level appropriate, lively text (13 pages of story)
3. Detailed guide, "How to Use This Book", including several sample questions to support children's comprehension of the "how" and "why" of positive behavior.
4. Two pages of printable "Animal Award Cards" (nine awards in all) to reward and encourage students as they learn to demonstrate positive behaviors. (Children will love receiving the "March Like an Ant" or "Hawk Eyes" Award!)
5. Helpful suggestions for teaching the concepts, gaining support from parents, and having fun with the book!
A note from creator Eve Perlman: I wrote and began using "Our Class Is a Bunch of Wild Animals!" three years before preparing the book for teachers pay teachers.com. As described in the book's teacher's guide, my teaching partners and I have found great success teaching one skill from the book each day. Children get such a thrill knowing that they get to "act like wild animals" in ways that are school-appropriate and are always eager to practice "listening like deer", etc. The included printable Animal Award Cards help you praise students' efforts as they learn--it's wonderful to see a face light up when a student receives a "Busy Beaver" Award! My students and I love this book, and I'm confident you will too!
Our Class Is A Bunch Of Wild Animals!
by Eve Perlman
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License