Our Classroom Y Chart activity. Perfect for the first or last day and week. It is a great activity for establishing classroom rules and expectations that students will love. Quick and easy to prepare!
★★★Purchase the Back to School Bundle★★★
Purchase other fun and engaging activities like this one in the Back to School Activities Galore bundle
. By purchasing the bundle instead of individual worksheets you will save 60%!!! Click Here To View!
The first week is crucial for establishing the type of classroom and student behaviors you want for the year ahead. This resource is a fun way to revise, teach and model classroom rules and expectations. It is a great activity for visual, special needs, ESL and younger learners.
Directions For Use – Our Classroom Y Chart
> 1 x worksheet per student (available in color or black and white).
> 1 x A3 copy of worksheet for modelling and a whole-class display.
> Pencil or pen for each student.
1. Have a whole-class discussion about how important it is to have a safe, supportive classroom where everyone feels welcome, wants to come to school and can learn.
2. Use the A3 chart to model writing one word or statement under looks, sounds and feels.
3. Students fill in their own worksheet independently.
4. Once students have completed their worksheet, have a whole-class teacher led sharing and discussion session. Fill in the A3 worksheet as students make suggestions.
4. Hang the A3 poster somewhere in the room and refer to it if students need reminding.
If you liked this product, you might also enjoy these products. Click the links and check them out now!
Four Operations Board Games Bundle (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division)
No Cost, Trackable Classroom Rewards Wall Display
Stay updated on my products and network with other teachers.
Click here to follow me on Facebook.
Click here to follow me on Pinterest
Feedback and Ratings:
A big thank you to everyone who leaves a rating or feedback. It earns you TPT credits (which you can use to reduce the cost of future purchases) but it also lets me know if you like my product and would like more of the same. I am so immensely thankful and humbled whenever someone takes the time to do this so please know that it is always greatly appreciated. :)
Thank you for reading and happy teaching!