Activities based around a song about food from a farm for Stage 1 Science curriculum. Students will develop their knowledge and understanding of Living Things.
Students will know and understand that:
- all living things are different
- living things grow, reproduce, move, need air, take in nutrients and eliminate wastes
- humans use animals for their needs eg. Horses/transport, cows/milk, meat/leather, etc.
- animals may be classified into categories eg. Domestic, wild, farm animals, pets.
- humans have a responsibility to care for animals.
- names of animals may differ, depending on whether their male or female, or are young animals, eg. cow, bull, calf.