Question set and answer key to accompany Episode 4 of the groundbreaking Netflix series, Our Planet. The episode is titled “Coastal Seas” and the set includes 38 questions.
The series includes stunning photography at every level. As always, watch the episode yourself before presenting or assigning it to students. A companion website can be found at ourplanet.com.
For a preview, see the Our Planet BUNDLE.
Just some of the buzz for Our Planet:
'Our Planet' Is A Remorseful Call To Arms [NPR's Fresh Air - 26 April 2019]
Staggering, Marvelous Our Planet Is the Nature Show We’ve Been Waiting For [Variety - 9 April 2019]
Our Planet Is a Beautiful but Punishing Glimpse of Earth’s Worst-Case Scenario [Vulture - 25 April 2019}
Lessons of Phyz advantages:
- A heavy font ensures high legibility even in dim lighting
- Questions are designed to be answered while the video plays—quick, simple responses keep students engaged without requiring deep reflection that would take them out of the presentation
- Question types are mixed: fill-in-the-blank, multiple choice, check lists, and short answer are common; in some cases, matching or sequencing.
- Certain moments in a documentary merit undivided attention. No questions have been placed in those moments.
- "Play to the buzzer": Whenever possible, the last question in the set is answered during the last seconds of the video.
- I am a classroom teacher who has designed these resources for use with my students
The zipped folder contains PDFs of student sheets and the answer keys.