Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Question sets and answer keys to accompany each episode of the groundbreaking Netflix series, Our Planet. The series includes stunning photography at every level. As always, watch each episode yourself before presenting or assigning it to students. There are some disturbing images in episode 2, but they are appropriate in the context of the series. Most of the images throughout the series are breathtakingly gorgeous. A companion website can be found at ourplanet.com.
Our Planet Episodes and video question count
1. One Planet [33 questions]
2. Frozen Worlds [38 questions]
3. Jungles [43 questions]
4. Coastal Seas [38 questions]
5. From Deserts to Grasslands [37 questions]
6. The High Seas [43 questions]
7. Fresh Water [34 questions]
8. Forests [39 questions]
Just some of the buzz for Our Planet:
'Our Planet' Is A Remorseful Call To Arms [NPR's Fresh Air - 26 April 2019]
Lessons of Phyz advantages:
· A heavy font ensures high legibility even in dim lighting
· Questions are designed to be answered while the video plays—quick, simple responses keep students engaged without requiring deep reflection that would take them out of the presentation
· Question types are mixed: fill-in-the-blank, multiple choice, check lists, and short answer are common; in some cases, matching or sequencing.
· Certain moments in a documentary merit undivided attention. No questions have been placed in those moments.
· "Play to the buzzer": Whenever possible, the last question in the set is answered during the last seconds of the video.
· I am a classroom teacher who has designed these resources for use with my students
The zipped folder contains PDFs of student sheets and the answer keys.