A book a week: Out by Angela May George MINI PACK
Read the book daily for a week and complete an activity a day - oh so simple!
1. Sequencing – students cut and sequence story events – 2 versions available (1 harder and 1 easier with less events).
2. Multiple Choice Comprehension
3. Writing Template – can be used to retell the story or give a topic such as ‘Should countries accept refugees?” or "How did you connect with this story?”
4. Recall – students choose and illustrate 6 ways the yellow ribbon was featured in the story.
5. Comprehension – connect-to-text. Students think about the hardships that ‘boat people’ may have to endure.
6. Writing/Art – connect-to-text. Two versions given; one with an illustration box and one without. Students think about what brings them comfort and then write and draw it. Or, they can do artwork and glue on a yellow ribbon and attach the writing underneath.
7. Word Sleuth – answers provided
Prefer a different font... if I can, I will..just ask!