PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
1.8 MB | 22 pages
This simile unit is my gift to you and features fun and creative ways to involve and motivate students while teaching similes. The pages included are:
1. Simile Definition Poster
2. I Sense a Simile- student activity and sample
3. It Came From Planet Simile- simile/art activity (includes three different versions to suit grade/ability level)
4. Simile, Sweet Simile- identifying similes
5. Simile Haiku Poetry- writing haiku
6. Strange Similes- correcting mixed-up similes
7. Simile Scrambles- two different versions included
Clip art is courtesy of Scrappin' Doodles under Freebie Scrappin' Doodles license #TPT60736.
If you like this unit, please check out my other figurative language units on onomatopoeia, personification, alliteration, and idioms. You can also purchase all FOUR in my Figurative Language Mega Bundle (Common Core) and SAVE $3.00.