Thanks for checking out this product! I've spent a lot of time developing this set and my second graders LOVE them! They can work for first grade, too, and they always work in small group! In fact, my kids LOVE IT when I use these in my reading groups.
Included are five literacy centers each with:
-full color title page including instructions for students
-full color activity pieces for you to prepare and laminate
-response sheet for students to complete
The activities and CCSS information are listed below:
1. Shady Syllables- match beginning syllable parts with -tle, -ble, or -fle endings. (RF.1.3.e and RF.2.3.C Decode 2 syllable words following basic patterns and with long vowels)
2. Campsite Nouns- Sort nouns into singular and plural groups. The cards have one and two tents to remind students which is which.
(L.2.1.B Form and use frequently ocurring irregular plural nouns)
3. Cause and Effect Adventures- students pick pieces based on color to complete the story. Their response sheet answers depend on what they pick. (RL.1.1 and RL.2.1 Answer questions about key details including why questions)
4. Campfire Conjunctions- match sentence beginnings with the correct ending by paying attention to the conjunctions.
(L.1.1.G Use frequently occurring conjunctions and L.2.1.F Produce complex sentences)
5. What’s the Weather?- match words to hot, cold, and wet then sort into extreme or mild groups to practice shades of meaning. (L.1.5.D and L.2.5.B Distinguish shades of meaning among adjectives)
Please check out my FREE Vowel Digraphs Literacy Center
to see my work. And thanks for checking out my product!