I'm in the process of updating these files to include black and white copies. If you purchase this set now, please check back on later for an updated version. Thank you.
Do you have students struggling to learn their word wall words that do not follow typical phonics' rules? Do they keep trying to sound them out and become frustrated? Kathy Griffin created an activity game pack to complement the song "The Outlaw Words" to use during whole group instruction, small group instruction, and as literacy centers for readers' workshop.
1. I Have/Who Has (Black & White Version)
2. I Have/Who Has (Color Version)
3. I see/Where Is - Literacy Center
4. Outlaw Words Pocket Chart Activity
5. Outlaw Words Floor Puzzle Literacy Center
6. Outlaw Words Puzzle Set Literacy Center
7. Outlaw Words Memory Game
8. Outlaw Words Bang Game
9. Outlaw Words Scramble Worksheet
10. Outlaw Words Letter Configuration Sheets
11. Outlaw Words Rapid Sight Word Sheets
12. Outlaw Words Roll a Dice Games
13. Assessment Forms
139 Pages Total
You can purchase the song "The Outlaw Words" as an mp3 and books that go with the song on Kathy Griffin's TPT store. Also, look for The Outlaw Words .mov file that can be opened with Quick Time on your Smart Board, interactive whiteboard, digital projector or student computers.
Song "Outlaw Words" from "Growing Dendrites with Kathy Griffin" Ãƒï¿½Ã‚Â© Copyright 2011. Music performed, recorded, and produced by Lane A. Lollar and Maury Tindle at Studio Two Recording, Tulsa, OK. studiotworecording.com
Permission is granted to original purchasers to use in their own classrooms. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without permission in writing from the publisher.