I have come up with some exciting ideas for no prep book reports, that go along with the COMMON CORE standards for Grade 6. Your students will report on a different type of book, in a unique way, for each month of the school year. I just know that they will have as much fun doing them as my class did.
1. Mythology Book, they will make a book jacket.
2. Mystery Novel, they will become a detective.
3. Novel about a handicapped person, they will make a diorama..
4. Historical Fiction, they will become time travelers.
5. Fable, with a partner who has read the same fable, they will
perform a skit.
6. Science Fiction, they will wake up after a 100 year sleep, and
discuss impressions, etc.
7. Non-Fiction, they will write a postcard.
8. Biography or Auto-Biography, they will be a talk show host, and
interview the main character.
9. Novel about a sports character, a musician, artist,
actor/actress. They will become a book critic (similar to a
If you liked this set of worksheets, please click on these links to see more of my products.
FOUR TYPES OF SENTENCES.
I also have COMMON CORE Materials in both Reading/Literature and math for grades K-6.
GRADE 6 READING/LITERATURE "I CAN" STATEMENTS
This is the entire set of “I Can” Statements to be used with the sixth grade, Common Core Curriculum. It includes cards for Reading/Literature, Reading Informational Text, Writing, Speaking and Listening, and Language.
Copyright© 2014 Deann Marin (Socrates Lantern)
All rights reserved by author. Permission for downloads to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.