The creative impulse is powerful. Not all artists go to art school. Is it fair to judge their art by the same criteria we would judge trained artists? In this unit students examine the work of “outsider” artists. They then try to make artworks while putting themselves in the shoes of the insane, prison inmates, or people who hear spirits.
This unit includes:
- Art History/Theory, Studio and Electronic Assessment Portfolio components
- Unit Objectives, Enduring Understandings, Essential Questions
- Suggested timeline outline with an introduction to each component
- Modifiable written assignment to develop analytical thinking about art
- Assessment rubrics with Common Core Anchor Standards/8 Studio Habits alignment
- Links to Online Supporting Resources
- Student Pack folder with all electronic student handouts
- Teacher notes and hints based on practical experience from teaching these units
You can preview the main supporting video for this unit, Off the Grid - Outsider Artists of Bad Artists?
, before purchasing.