The Outsiders-Similes, Metaphors, and More Figurative Language Packet
This is part of a whole novel bundle for only $8.99 which can be found at
If you are like me you have been looking for an activity packet with lessons and worksheets related to the figurative language and literary devices in the novel, The Outsiders, by S.E. Hinton. I don't know about you, but I have been trying for years to find one on the Internet and have always come up empty. So I finally decided to, "Bite the bullet!" and write one of my own and I think you will be happy with the results.
This Outsiders activity packet will entertain your class and give them hours of Instruction while, at the same time, not put a strain on your budget. It will also save you the hours that I have spent scouring the novel to find over 150 examples of figurative language such as simile, metaphor, personification, oxymoron, hyperbole, synecdoche and allusion This 16 page activity packet contains
1) Two mini lesson handouts which teach your students the concepts of figurative language such as simile, metaphor, personification, oxymoron, and hyperbole, synecdoche and allusion.
2) Two assessment tests each with 20 passages containing the different types of figurative language with accompanying answer sheets.
3) Two active reading graphic organizers to help your students identify and chart the figurative language in the novel as they read
4) A huge chart containing just about every example of figurative language in the novel. It is organized by type of literary device and tells you the chapter in which each is found. It took me hours to complete and again it will save you that much time.
5) The chart also contains a group of implied metaphors which can be developed into another lesson. Also other lessons can be developed from its contents
Again it will save you hours of time and provide hours of instruction.
This is part of a whole novel bundle for only $9.99 which can be found at