Opinion writing is fun to teach!
This amazing opinion writing packet includes everything you need to help your students write an opinion essay. When teaching students to write their opinion I start by teaching them how to take a stance, develop a hook, create a thesis, and support it with text evidence and explanations. By using the gradual release model, students quickly pick up on the idea and start to develop great essays.
This outstanding packet worked WONDERS for my class of all levels. It includes:
- Four opinion articles
Which is a better pet, a dog or a cat?
Should school run all year?
Should students be forced to wear school uniforms?
Should homework be banned?
- Cut and paste interactive paragraph construction
- Template to paste paragraph
- Paper to rewrite the paragraph
- Answer key
- Fill in partial essay "Inferring explanations"
- Opinion Check List
- Opinion paragraph rubric
- Step by step brochure for opinion writing (Most Popular Activity)
- Opinion Plan
- Pictures of lesson charts and students using the product
This packet is differentiated for many different learners. The brochure is fun and a great motivator for the unmotivated writers in the classroom, and the plan is quick, easy, and to the point!