Designed to complement the story Over In The Meadow, this exciting activity pack from Kids Club English can be used to support children’s learning in a variety of ways. Use with or without the story to support learning about animals, numbers, actions, noises, habitats and nature whilst also building on literacy and vocabulary skills.
For videos of the story and other related songs and resources see:
Following activities in the pack, children will also develop fine motor skills through colouring, tracing, cutting and sticking to create the various crafts whilst being encouraged to listen, follow instructions and develop social skills.
Activities are specifically designed to allow for differentiation of ability and context and come complete with COMPREHENSIVE ACTIVITY SUGGESTIONS.
This pack includes ALL of the following:
* Meadow Scene Craft – Children can use the templates to create their very own Over In The Meadow scene or use the activity suggestions provided to play fun games that will support animal recognition and promote vocabulary skills.
* Number Match Jigsaw – Jigsaw templates are provided in both colour and black and white depending on the level of difficulty required. Follow the activity suggestions to create more learning fun with a scavenger hunt, colour dictation, jigsaw race or jigsaw craft.
* Graphing Dice – Using the variety of templates provided encourage children to practise their colouring, cutting and sticking skills. Once assembled, follow the activity suggestions for lots of fun games to promote animal and colour recognition, learn about actions and habitats whilst also practising number and vocabulary skills.
* Stick Puppets – Use the templates provided to create stick puppets to further dramatize the story. Allow children to practise their craft skills by helping to put the puppets together then see if they can follow and re-enact the rhyme using their stick characters.
* Spinner Game – Have children help follow instructions to assemble this fun spinner game. Follow the suggestions to tailor the game to the age and ability of the children playing to learn about animals, habitats, sounds and actions, practise writing, creating sentences and further vocabulary skills.
* Mini-Book – Using the templates, follow the instructions to make your very own Over In The Meadow Mini Book. Children can play the games suggested whilst practising their folding, cutting and sticking skills then use their finished book to retell the story.
* Song Flip Craft – Children will enjoy singing along to the rhyme whilst also taking part in various learning activities.
* Matching Cards – Use these cards to play fun matching and memory games.
* Mini-Cards – Mini Cards can be used to play more matching and memory games as well as developing word recognition and literacy skills.
* Flash Cards – Use in a variety of ways to introduce and practice new language, develop literacy skills or as visual prompts for language games.
If you are interested in helping kids learn English through stories, songs and craft, please get in touch. I'm keen to collaborate with like-minded people and welcome feedback.