Owl Activities Nonfiction Text Features Comprehension Unit Informative Text
Also included in
- Are you looking for a way to use real children's literature to teach your students guided reading strategies in whole group? This bundle will provide a weekly focus theme and reading comprehension strategy for your whole group guided reading. It is designed for a first grade classroom but can be adPrice $400.00Original Price $652.50Save $252.50
- This is a bundle of my Guided Reading with a Purpose units 11-14 that I teach in the month of November. The theme for the week 11 is PUMPKINS. The focus reading strategy is a review of all the skills taught up to week 11. The theme for week 12 is ELECTION. The focus reading strategy is COMPARE AND CPrice $42.00Original Price $75.00Save $33.00
This fun unit will have your students learning all about owls and non-fiction text features. Tons of owl activities such as literature connections, writing, crafts and more are included in this pack. This was created for one week of whole group guided reading and writing. The theme for the week is OWLS. The focus reading strategy is table of contents and heading. Each week will include daily lesson plans, posters, parent connect letter,original strategy songs, comprehension strategies,literacy connections, extension activities, sort activities, and crafts. In addition, you will receive some comparing and contrasting activities for bats vs. owls, two original books offered in both black and white student versions and as projectable full color pdf files. There are opportunities for owl vocabulary, word work, a mini owl research project and even a template for owl pellet experiments. Students will fully understand the text features table of contents and headings once completing this unit.
The featured text in this unit:
- Owls by Gail Gibbons
- All about Owls by Jim Arnosky
- National Geographic for Kids Owls by Marsh
- All about Owls by Megan Mitchell (me) included in this product
- Owls versus Bats by Megan Mitchell (me) included in this product
There are also blank templates so you can incorporate any book with the literacy connections.
Read more about this unit here!
This is part of a weekly series of units covering different reading strategies throughout the year. Guided Reading with a Purpose MEGA BUNDLE.
JOIN MY GROUP CONNECT & COLLABORATE ON FACEBOOK.
Some other fun ways to connect....
©GUIDED READING WITH A PURPOSE