This owl unit contains 22 fun and engaging activities including: reading passages with reading comprehension questions, cutting and pasting activities, interactive notebook pages, graphic organizers, partner and group activities, and owl vocabulary word activities.
The goals of this unit includes:
To understand the food chain, life cycle, and parts of the owl.
To understand owl adaptations and how it survives in its habitat.
To be able to compare and contrast owls to other birds.
Table of contents:
1. Owl KWL
2. Owl mind web
3. Owl word wall words
4. Owl vocabulary word spinner. (Includes: top and bottom spinner pieces).
5. Types of owls paragraph (includes comprehension questions).
6. My owl species booklet (Includes 12 pages of owl species and a fact card for each owl -to be glued into the booklet).
7. Parts of an owl worksheet (Includes copy with owl parts written in, and a blank copy for students to write the parts in).
8. The life cycle of an owl cutting and pasting activity.
9. The owl’s food chain cutting and pasting activity.
10. Predators to the owl fill in the blank paragraph.
11. Owl food chain spinner. (Includes top and the bottom pieces of the spinner).
12. An owl can turn its head 270 degrees… partner activity.
13. Compare and contrast an owl’s eye sight to your own eyesight. (Includes: owl
eyesight fact cards).
14. Owl adaptations flip up.
15. Owl adaptations cutting and pasting fill in the blanks.
16. Compare and contrast owls to other birds cutting and pasting activity.
17. What you might see in an owls habitat partner activity.
18. Draw an owl’s habitat art activity.
19. Owl word search
20. What do you know about owls? Interactive people BINGO game.
21 Owl exit tickets.
22. Owl pellets (Includes: Where to buy, and science experiment questions).