Keep your owl-theme going with this daily writing journal. There are writing prompts for Monday - Friday. Prompts are completely editable so you can mix it up… or even have a week where students answer their own questions to put them "in control" of their own learning.
The PowerPoint version is for traditional printable materials. It has a lined area on each page for student entries. In addition, there is an image of primary paper if you need to use it to replace the regular lines so little owlets have an easier time expressing themselves.
The Google Slides version can be used as an online activity. Each page has a designated, clickable area for students to type their answers. Create copies so students have new journals every week. After a few weeks, your students can turn their journal slides into a presentation portfolio to showcase how much they have improved.
The Google Slides link is provided on the Other Information page at the end of the downloaded PowerPoint presentation.
Each version has a page at the end for a send-home reading log. You can use it separately or include with the journal if students are also expected to write at home.
You might also be interested in:
Owl - Welcome Back Letters
Owl - Open House Announcements
Owl - 3-Fold Flyer/Brochure
Owl - Parent/Teacher Conference Notes
Owl - Class Jobs
- Use my resources for your own class.
- Customize as necessary.
- Take all the credit for a way-cool classroom.
- Use as many times as you wish for different classes and/or different situations.
- Share these materials with other teachers. (Please buy an additional license. There is a discount for multiple licenses!)
- Repackage or reformat my materials to offer for free or for resale.
- Repurpose graphics or other materials for use outside the educational environment.
- Post my materials on any blog, website, or school Intranet; they are for educational use only.
Copying any part of this product and/or placing it on the Internet in any form is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).