REDOX: Balancing REDOX Reactions Practice Worksheet
In this hands on worksheet, students will be reviewing many of the concepts taught in the REDOX unit. The overall goal of each question is to balance the reaction the REDOX way.
Not only will students be practicing balancing REDOX reactions, they will also be applying what they learned earlier in the unit. Each question will require students to:
* Assign oxidation numbers
* Identify what is being oxidized and what is being reduced
* Write an oxidation and a reduction half reaction
* Identify the oxidizing and reducing agents
* Equalize the electrons lost and gained by multiplying by the least common multiple
* Substitute the coefficients into the reaction and check to determine if the reaction is balanced
Included in this resource:
- Unit Overview
- Detailed Lesson Plan
- Student Practice Worksheet
- Teacher Answer Key
Be sure to follow my store for the latest updates. I love creating fun and engaging resources for the science classroom. Just click on the green star next to my store name.
The Scientific Classroom