English Literature Teaching Resources: Ozymandias by Percy Bysshe Shelley is a 35 slide PowerPoint presentation with 5 supplementary worksheets.
This resource contains an assortment of teaching ideas and activities. The PowerPoint and worksheets cover:
- An introduction to Percy Bysshe Shelley.
- Analysis of Ozymandias – a copy of the poem and tasks to consolidate understanding.
- Structure and form – exploring how Shelley uses structure and form for effect.
- Imagery - Study of the imagery used in Ozymandias.
- Poetic Techniques – How and why Shelley uses techniques such as metaphor and alliteration.
- Language – tasks which explore Shelley’s word choices.
- Themes - key themes of Ozymandias examined with notes.
- Video – an animated reading of the poem.