This is my go-to powerpoint and handout for teaching paragraphs from grades 8-10.
Both the PowerPoint lesson (73 slides long- enough for two week's worth of lessons) and the handout (with more detail and examples) are FULLY EDITABLE to your liking!
The PowerPoint has several positive features:
- Lots of visuals (some funny!)
- Lots of practice as a class and independently
- Breaks down paragraph into 7 steps; you progress as the students master each step
- Simple, easy-to-understand instructions
- Lots of paragraph examples to analyze and discuss as a class
The handout has several positive features too:
- Contains more advanced information for your fast learners (e.g. more transitions, word bridges, an introduction to parallelism, etc.)
- Includes visuals and examples
- Written in a conversational style
Paragraph writing was never so easy! I hope this lesson helps you, and I hope you enjoy the freebie included!