Tired of preparing students for the PARCC, only to have them freeze on the day of the test? Feeling frustrated on test day when a student gets stuck because he doesn’t know that “central message” is the same as “theme”?
One way to address this is to explicitly teach students the meaning of terms that they will encounter within the PARCC ELA questions (such as “analyze”, “structural elements”, and “reveals”).
I actually spent time analyzing the language of EACH and EVERY PARCC ELA released item for grades 3-5, so you wouldn’t have to!
This PARCC ELA Glossary is designed to be completed with students to help them internalize the language seen on the PARCC ELA questions. Work with students by using context clues in the PARCC Excerpt to come up with a definition. An answer key is provided, too, to help guide you.
THIS PRODUCT INCLUDES:
• a 12-page PARCC ELA Glossary for students with 62 critical PARCC terms
• a 12-Page Answer Key
• 2 Glossary Cover Pages - 1 in color and 1 in printer-friendly black and white
• 124 Word Wall Cards - 62 with definitions and 62 with only the word
• Word Wall Headers
• a “PARCC ELA Vocabulary” Pennant Banner for your bulletin board
The PARCC ELA word wall cards could be used as:
• an addition to your word wall
• study aids
• part of an interactive notebook
• a bulletin board display
Find 3rd Grade PARCC Student-Friendly Rubrics here.
Find 4th and 5th Grade PARCC Student-Friendly Rubrics here.
Rating after downloading is greatly appreciated.
Yours in Literacy,