Are your students ready to manipulate and master online state testing? Help them practice needed skills to "Rock the PARCC Math Test" this year with this engaging puzzle questionnaire!
This activity is specifically designed to help middle school students, grades 6,7,& 8, prepare for the online version of the PARCC Math test. These questions link directly to the online Unit 1, 2, & 3 practice tests. This activity is NOT a reading or writing test. Rather, it guides students through the available practice items with the goal of preparing them to use the technology effectively and navigate the format of the various test questions.
The questions and correlating jokes, riddles, and puns were designed to help students practice the following:
- Close reading of long, detailed directions
- Time management within all 3 units
- Typing and punctuating equations correctly; using correct math symbols
- Previewing and highlighting directions and question parts
- Using tools such as the scroll bar, highlighting feature, cross out option, etc.
- Handling the menu bar including: “Review” drop down menu, “Bookmark” feature, & navigation arrows
- Understanding question formats & answer choices such as choose two, three, all that apply, etc.
- Working with coordinate planes, plotting, and graph style questions
- Identifying elements of text: paragraphs, lines, & words
- Typing complete and acceptable math short answers
- Skipping and returning to questions in any order
- Using the visual aid of manipulating background and text color
- Test-taking supports such as process of elimination & highlighting
- Checking answers and submitting final choices
Give students a boost by letting them practice in a fun, new way before testing begins. This preview shows the 7th grade level activities in more detail. By purchasing this bundle you will receive a scavenger hunt, crossword, and complete answer keys for ALL 3 grades. Th preview shows you the middle version, 7th grade.
To look at the individual products included, just follow the links below:
PARCC Practice Math 6
PARCC Practice Math 7
PARCC Practice Math 8