This a document I created because I felt there was a lack of material out there to assist teachers with the writing tasks for the PARCC. It is geared toward 6th grade, but can be used for upper elementary or middle school.
This is basically 2 weeks, or more, of lessons for $7!
Included in this document:
- Directions for how to edit the document.
- Research Simulation and Literary Analysis Checklist: Format and setup of the paragraphs.
- RST and LAT tips and tricks
- Elaboration and evidence stems to use to support writing.
- TWO sample essays: One RST and one LAT based off the PARCC website 6th grade practice tests.
- TWO sample essays with highlights: I highlighted key parts for the students in my essays. (The students did this themselves before I showed them mine).
This product was made in Google Docs. You will download it as a PDF. Click the link in the PDF to edit it.
MAKE A COPY OF THE DOCUMENT BEFORE YOU EDIT.
Click "File" and "Make a copy" once it is opened in Google Docs.
Check out my Digital Interactive Research Notebooks, too. They go great with this!
Digital Interactive Research Notebooks