This is a flipchart for Promethean Boards that has 69 pages of PARCC and LEAP Standardized Test Prep for grade 3. It includes:
10 passages for close reading and text marking
Multiple Choice and EBSR evidence based selected response questions
Passages are literature, non-fiction, and poetry (focus on NF)
You can use this for direct instruction and modeling along with guided practice. It's great for showing the students how to close read, analyze the questions, X out the distractors, and how to produce a quality exemplar writing response.
There is one writing task included.
Some passages are used from LA Believes released test items.
- Pordy's Prickly Problem (fiction)
- What is a Spacewalk? (non-fiction)
- Extraordinary Eyes (non-fiction)
- Your Picture Windows (non-fiction)
- An Earful (realistic fiction)
- Shadows (poem)
- Coyote and Fire (folktale)
- Life in a Deep Freeze (non-fiction)
- excerpt from Inuit (non-fiction)
- Lengths of Time (poem)