This is a fun ten-minute activity that randomly partners up students with a classmate. It gets students up, interacting with the whole class, and having fun. Keep it in your “bag of tricks” and be surprised how often you find a use for it in your class. Try it as a warm up for the day, a lead in to another activity, or an anytime fun brain break.
1. Print and cut squares from handout provided.
2. Students draw a square, follow game rules, and find a partner.
3. Partners answer prompt provided and share with the class.
4. Optional 5 minute activity extender included.
In the Famous Names version, the words are names. Examples would be: Bart Simpson or Steve Jobs. Visit my shop to find other version of Word Pairs available for purchase.
Files included in this pack (pdf only):
• Word Pair Share, teacher guide
• Word Pair Share, student handout (cut-out squares)
Value Option: This activity is included in my English Buddies Pack, a mini unit designed for back to school or community building. Consider purchasing the whole pack and getting a total of 23 pages for a great value.
I hope you and your students enjoy this product as much as we have in my classroom. Happy Teaching! :) Ms. C311