Parts of Speech PowerPoint with Student Handout will engage your students and allow you to teach the concepts with ease! An attractive 5-page student handout is included for note-taking that directly aligns to the slideshow so that students can record definitions and examples.
Both the PowerPoint presentation and the handout include "stop and review" segments for student participation and valuable guided practice.
This presentation includes the following concepts:
* Nouns - common and proper, "idea" nouns
* Pronouns - general and possessive
* Adjectives - the 4 questions adjectives answer, with examples
* Verbs - physical and mental action, linking verbs, helping verbs,
tenses of the verb "to be"
* Adverbs - to modify a verb (only), the 3 questions adverbs answer
* Prepositions - definition with many examples
* Conjunctions - basic and pairs
* Interjections - definition with examples and punctuation rules
When you play the slide show, it is timed so that you can teach the concepts and students then take notes on the packet. When it stops, you click when ready to continue teaching.
There are many slides that engage the students with participation, so it is not all note-taking! There are also places on the handout to stop and complete for added practice.
I think you will enjoy this Parts of Speech PowerPoint teaching tool along with the student notes packet, which are very handy for reference!
Please take a closer look by clicking the box above.
Thank you! --Joy Sexton
You might also like:
Literature Stations with Task Cards for ANY Novel Drama or Story - Common Core
---Yes! Join my list to receive Teaching Tips, New Product Updates, and FREEBIES from Joy