This is a week long unit that is based upon students figuring out all components to making and running their own lemonade stand.
Within this PBL, students will:
-"Shop" and compare prices to find the least expensive items to purchase (pictures are from Meijer, Target, and Walmart)
- Figure out how much it will cost to make their lemonade
- Make and taste test 3 different types of lemonade
- Collect and graph data based on which type of lemonade the class liked best
- Project how much money students can make at various parks in the area based on previous lemonade sales
- Estimate their profit based on previous lemonade sales
- Decide what they want to do with their profits (college fund, spend it all, donate some or all)
This project can also be used for Language Arts. You will find several QR codes that have been run through Safeshare.tv so they don't have advertisements in the videos. There is one video about how children made and ran their lemonade stand and 4 different videos/stories that students can use to compare and contrast with.
My kids went nuts for this project and I'm sure yours will, too!