Also included in
- This bundle engages students in ecological concepts, particularly pertaining to pollination, adaptations, and ecological communities, with project-based learning, design thinking and STEM. These activities are student-centered, hands-on, and each promotes 21st-century skill-building.This bundle incl$9.20$11.50Save $2.30
- This bundle includes student-centered learning activities related to wildlife ecology and conservation. This bundle has potential for growth as new resources are added. All of the resources included are designed to promote 21st-century skill-building in addition to growth in content knowledge. The b$45.60$57.00Save $11.40
Students will design and build a shelter for a local species of their choosing. Learners will research their organism's behavior, habitat requirements, natural territory, and more to help them refine their shelter design. This is a great hands-on learning activity that covers life science, ecology concepts and helps students build 21st-century skills such as problem-solving and teamwork.
The idea behind this resource and all resources under my "Maker PBL" product line is to merge the effective learning principles of project-based learning with design thinking. Each project requires exploration, inquiry, brainstorming, trial and error, problem-solving, the assistance of community experts, authentic presentations and innovative outcomes. Students are actively engaged throughout the project process because it is student-centered in nature. Designed for older students.
This product is intended to be budget-friendly. That is part of the challenge for students. They work with what they have available to them. Tips for free maker materials included in this resource.
- Teacher guide
- Student guide
- Exploration and brainstorming guide sheet
- Prototype template
- Reflection questions
- Project Rubric
If you like this resource try some of these similar products:
- Project-Based Learning Toolkit
- PBL Maker Challenge: Goal Setting Through Artistic Expression
- Project-Based Learning Bundle: 20 Integrative Projects
- FREE Project-Based Learning Assessment Portfolio - Free when you subscribe to Experiential Learning Depot mailing list. Head to experientiallearningdepot.com to subscribe.
Follow Experiential Learning Depot and earn TpT credits by giving feedback on this product. A sincere thank you for your business. Feel free to contact me through email at any time with questions on or assistance with this product - email@example.com
For more experiential learning tips, resources, freebies, etc. visit my blog, experientiallearningdepot.com
Thank you for using this product! Experiential Learning Depot owns the copyright to this resource and you are being licensed as a single user of this product. You may use this product for multiple classrooms and reference the product in blogs, seminars and/or workshops. You may not remove Experiential Learning Depot from the resource, give the product away for free, sell the files, make copies for unlicensed users, or gain access to the resource through means of any of the previously listed methods. Thank you again for using this product! Please reach out if you have questions or comments about this resource. Come visit us again soon!
~ Sara S.