Also included in
- This high school pollination projects bundle engages students in ecological concepts, particularly pertaining to pollination, adaptations, and ecological communities. Each project is experiential in nature including project-based learning, design thinking, and a STEM challenge. **All pollination pro$10.80$13.50Save $2.70
- Are you looking for hands-on, engaging, real-world, and experiential high school biology projects, specifically focused on high school ecology, conservation, and wildlife topics? This bundle is for you. It includes a variety of experiential learning activities around the theme of wildlife and conser$72.40$91.00Save $18.60
Are you looking for an inquiry-based approach to teaching ecology concepts? This biology project based learning pollinator project does just that.
Students will design a pollinator garden for a pollinator of their choice. They will research pollinator behaviors, habitat requirements, food sources, etc. Students will choose plants for their garden using the guiding materials available, create a final product to share their garden design and instructions for others to build the garden.
This project is low-prep and free as long as students have access to a computer and the internet.
*Note: Students will not build a physical garden unless you choose to require it. This particular resource only requires designing and creating a final product to share with an authentic audience in the community.
The idea behind this resource and all resources under my "PBL/maker" product line is to merge the effective learning principles of project-based learning with design thinking. Each project requires exploration, inquiry, brainstorming, trial, and error, problem-solving, the assistance of community experts, authentic presentations, and innovative outcomes. Students are actively engaged throughout the project process because it is student-centered by nature.
This resource includes a printable and Google Slides digital option. The product is not editable at this time.
This Resource Includes:
- Teacher guide
- Student guide
- Exploration and brainstorming guide sheets
- Research guides
- Project Rubric
Relevant Blog Posts:
- STEM Challenge: Wind Pollinator Adaptations
- Scientific Open Inquiry: Phototropism
- Project-Based Learning: Species Migration
Free Resources from Experiential Learning Depot:
- Start with my free project-based learning tools mini-bundle, which includes a sample digital PBL planner, implementation spreadsheet, and student project portfolio template.
Interested in new resource alerts, freebies, tips, tricks, and more?
- Click the green star for new resource alerts!
- Join my newsletter.
- Blog – Experiential Learning Depot
- Facebook Group - Experiential Learning Community for k-12 Teachers
Earn TPT Credits:
Follow Experiential Learning Depot and earn TpT credits by giving feedback on this product. A sincere thank you for your business. Feel free to contact me through email at any time with questions on this product - firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover Font Credit: Mr. FISK Fonts