This is a 3-week long project-based learning lesson plan. Students learn the principles of photography and apply them in a photo essay examining some aspect of student life at their school. This project is centered around DSLR cameras (such as Canon Rebels) but it could be modified to be used with point-and-shoot cameras or other cameras.
- Lesson outline: Driving question, materials, entry event ("hook") procedure, suggestions for GT/Pre-AP students and SPED students, and more!
- Fully editable slide presentation (PPT and PDF of PPT)
- Quiz (and key) on photo vocabulary
- Rubric for photo essay
- Calendar to help with planning/pacing - activities, objectives, and TEKS (standards) per day (5x 50min periods/week for 3 weeks)
- Printable photo hall passes for students who leave class to shoot photos -- one side has hall pass info, the other side has helpful "think before you click" reminders
- List of suggested photo essay topics