A simple yet great, fun and interactive MS Power Point presentation on Plants based on 5th Grade Scott Foresman: Science textbook.
I know there is a lot of information around. However, I wanted something more specific for my pupils this school year.
It is oriented to Unit A “Life Science”, Chapter 4 “Plants” in Scott Foresman Science 2007 Florida Edition Student’s Textbook by Pearson. However, the other book users will find it very useful too. This slideshow is editable.
This chapter includes the following lessons:
- Lesson 1: How do leaves help a plant?
- Lesson 2: How do stems and roots help a plant?
- Lesson 3: How do plants reproduce?
- Lesson 4: How do plants grow?
- it has 15 links to related videos on TWIG, and Discovery Education. Note: the accounts are needed).
- links to vocabulary cards on pearsonsuccessnet.com
- it consists the MS Office 2013 based interactive review "quiz" questions on one slide and the answer on the other. (allows to use it in PDF format
- I divided the chapter for 5 days (1 - introduction, vocabulary, concept map, introductory video, 2 - lesson 1 and 2, 3 - lesson 3 and 4, 4 - review and test preparation videos, 5 - test).
It is colorful! It is interactive! It is fun! It is definitely goals achieving!
Thank you! Please, let know if something is missing, should be there, etc. Share your opinion, I'd really appreciate it.