These PE visual supports will help your special education students succeed in physical education! Add schedules, visuals, rules and communication supports to gym activities with this resource.
PE can be challenging for students with autism. The sensory experience and gross motor requirements can lead to anxiety and frustration. Setting expectations and providing communication supports can help you reduce some of these challenges.
PE can be an opportunity for inclusion but we must take extra steps to make sure our special education students are successful. Simply putting them with their peers can be a recipe for disaster!
Two of the easiest ways to increase the likelihood of success is to provide structure with schedules and offer choices using visuals.
• 112 schedule and choice icons with stretches, warm ups, activities, sports, actions, equipment and yoga moves
• “I want” communication strips
• Communication visual with requests
• Station match points and schedule icons
• Green/Red schedule
• First/Next/Last and First/Next/Then/Last schedules
• Mini rules visuals for student desks
• Full page rules visuals
Includes instructions to set up and use each support.
Please see the preview to ensure this resource is appropriate for your students.
Other Visual Supports to transform your classroom
• Art Visuals and Schedules
• Music Visuals and Schedules
• Special Education and Autism Visuals Bundle
• Behavior Management: I Feel and I Need Visual Choice Board
• Behavior Management: Self-Calming Book and Choice Board
• Visual Schedules Bundle
Stay up to date!
Be sure to follow my store to be the first to know about discounts and new product releases! Click on 'Follow' near the top of any page in my store.
Please visit my website Adapting for Autism
for more resources and ideas for working with students with autism.
Thanks for stopping by!