Also included in
- Do you want fun and engaging ways to teach intermediate writing?? Included in this bundle, you will receive multiple writing plan sheets meant to scaffold your student's learning, several Roll and Write activities, a P.E.EL. puzzle, Writing Escape Room, and more!These are all perfect for whole group$10.00$13.00Save $3.00
This Among Us themed escape room is one of the most engaging writing activities you will EVER do in your classroom! The children are given different steps of the writing process on task cards. They must find the mistake or the IMPOSTER on each card! By having students practice finding what is wrong with the writing, they will have strategies for identifying mistakes and fixing their own writing!
- Student directions
- 6 Puzzles
- 6 pages of task cards
- Student recording sheets in color and black and white
- Answer key
- A jobs poster and individual job task cards
- Printable graphics to hang around your room!
I did this escape room with my own fourth grade kiddos and we ended up splitting it into three days of about one hour each day because they were having so much fun!
Pro tip: there are one-hour Among Us main title music videos on YouTube that really help to set the mood!
What is a P.E.EL.?
P.E.EL. is a type of writing instruction designed to teach students as young as 3rd grade some of the strategies they will need later in life to write a professional essay. The students read an informational or opinion text and then they must answer a prompt based on the text. A P.E.EL. essay generally contains an introduction paragraph, 2 body paragraphs called P.E.EL. paragraphs, and a conclusion paragraph.
What does P.E.EL. stand for?
P: point, or main idea
· the students find a main idea in the text
· the students back up their point with text evidence
· the students elaborate by visualizing their point and describing it to the reader
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about P.E.EL. writing!
© My Junior Burgers