These task cards are specifically designed for students to practice where to place the parenthesis.
24 PEMDAS task cards
Student recording sheet
Directions for use
1. Print and cut out PEMDAS task cards
2. Place cards around your classroom (tape to walls, place on desks, put at a math center, etc.)
3. Give each student a recording sheet
4. Each student will also need a separate piece of paper or a marker board to work the problems. They also can work the problems on the back of their recording sheet.
5. Students rotate around the room solving problems.
6. To solve the problems students need to figure out which set of numbers to put parenthesis around.
1. You can have students come to you after they solve each problem. This way you can check their work before they rotate to a new problem.
2. OR, you can check the problems at the end of class for a graded assignment.
If you like this product, you may also like:
Order of Operations Task Cards
Numerical Expression Match Up