Students will demonstrate the ability to:
1. describe themselves
2. express personal preferences and interests
3. provide biographical information about themselves
4. plan and structure a presentation by setting goals and maintaining organization
5. verbally and/or visually present information to others
Standards: Communication, Connections
L1: Demonstrate command of conventions and grammar when writing and speaking.
L2: Demonstrate command of conventions of capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing.
L6: Acquire and apply general academic and specific vocabulary necessary for college and career readiness; use language independently to increase fluency.
W2: Write a sequential, organized text to inform.
W4: Present information clearly demonstrating consideration of perspective, purpose, and audience.
W5: Develop and strengthen writing through planning, revising, editing, rewriting or trying a new approach.
W6: Use a variety of media to produce and publish writing and to interact and collaborate with others.
W10: Write frequently on a variety of topics for a variety of purposes.
SL2: Evaluate and use information from diverse media to understand and communicate.
SL4: Present information in a clear, organized fashion appropriate to task and culture.
SL5: Use visual and digital media to enhance presentations.
SL6: Adapt speech to a variety of contexts, audiences, and situations using the culturally appropriate registers and conventions.
Materials Used: project description and instructions, two forms of rough draft graphic organizers, peer observation forms, grading rubrics
1. Students plan informative presentations to introduce themselves.
2. Students present information verbally and/or in a visual electronic format.