Subject/Level: Spanish, Level 1
Unit: Personal Identification
Prior Learning: Students will demonstrate the ability to:
1. describe others
2. express the personal preferences and interests of others
3. provide biographical information about others
4. convert information provided in the first person into information presented in the third person form
5. plan and structure a presentation by setting goals and maintaining organization
6. verbally present information about others
Standards: Communication, Connections
L1: Demonstrate command of conventions and grammar when writing and speaking.
L2: Demonstrate command of conventions of capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing.
L6: Acquire and apply general academic and specific vocabulary necessary for college and career readiness; use language independently to increase fluency.
W2: Write a sequential, organized text to inform.
W4: Present information clearly demonstrating consideration of perspective, purpose, and audience.
W5: Develop and strengthen writing through planning, revising, editing, rewriting or trying a new approach.
W6: Use a variety of media to produce and publish writing and to interact and collaborate with others.
W10: Write frequently on a variety of topics for a variety of purposes.
SL2: Evaluate and use information from diverse media to understand and communicate.
SL4: Present information in a clear, organized fashion appropriate to task and culture.
SL5: Use visual and digital media to enhance presentations.
SL6: Adapt speech to a variety of contexts, audiences, and situations using the culturally appropriate registers and conventions.
Materials Used: project description and instructions, two forms of rough draft graphic organizers, peer observation forms, grading rubrics
1. Students conduct interviews with a classmate.
2. Students use information gathered to create a presentation introducing a classmate.